Hello -

  Lately, with all the discussion over UTF charsets, I've been
thinking, and I doubt that I'm alone, so I will post here in the hopes
of creating a nice, informative thread that we can all reference back
to in the future.

I administer a site that is written in english, will never be written
in anything other than english (for the forseeable future), and
contains very few, if any special characters (perhaps the very
infrequent accent).

My question is, what are the possible advantages or disadvantages to
serve these pages as UTF instead of iso-whatever?

I suppose I'm looking for a nice set of resources along the lines of
many accesibility sites that answer up front the "why should I care?"
question.

Any info would be great, thanks!

~j

--