> On Tuesday, November 30, 2004 10:19 AM, Patrick Lauke wrote:
> >
> > And you can group the above and save yourself repetition. In one
> > of my stylesheets, for instance, I have
> >
> > #navbar li a:focus,
> > #navbar li a:hover,
> > #navbar a:active {
> >     background: #fbfbfb;
> > }
>
> I seem to recall Tommy talking about a problem when all three are specified
> in the same rule, but I can't recall right now.

The problem with declaring all three in one is that IE 5 (possibly 5.5
also, can't remember which right now) for PC chokes on any declaration
that contains :focus. Combining your :active and :focus rules will
effectively cancel that entire declaration in dodgy old IE. I seem to
remember Opera in smallscreen mode choking on that combined rule as
well, but I think that's a seperate discussion. :)

Andrew.
http://leftjustified.net/