On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:15:42 -0800, Ted Drake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is there anyone out there that has had some success building a style sheet to make their web site look good on a pocket pc or cell phone? I'd like to add this feature to our site but I haven't had much luck.

Are there any successes or failures out there?

http://my.opera.com/community/dev/device/

Mobile Opera 6 uses stylesheet for media handheld and ignores styles for screen.
Mobile Opera 7 fallbacks to stylesheet for screen if handheld stylesheet is not present, altough you don't have to worry about that because it only takes basic styles plus does smart reformatting so page will look good anyway.

I cannot find information about Pocket IE, but AFAIR it attempts to read styles for media="all" and media="screen".

If you want bare (X)HTML for all of them that should do it:

<link type="text/css" media="projection,screen" href="normal.css" />
<link type="text/css" media="handheld" href="dummy.css" />

You could also write stylesheet for handheld and test it on desktop Opera by pressing Shift+F11.

--
regards, Kornel Lesiński