At the risk of getting this started up again... (I tend to read my WSG
emails in a batch every day or so.)

Mordechai Peller wrote on 06/12/2004 09:31:41 PM:

> If breadcrumbs show where you are in the site you get:
> Level 1 > Level 2 > Level 3 > Level 4 > Level 5
>
> If, on the other had, they show you where you've been, you get:
> Stop 1 > Stop 2 > Stop 3 > Stop 4 > Stop 5
>
> Either way, the order describes a form of hierarchy.

Not really. "Level 1 > Level 2 > Level 3" is a hierarchy because Level 3
is contained within Level 2, which is contained within Level 1, whereas
the only connection between Stop 1, Stop 2 & Stop 3 is that the user
viewed the pages in that order. He/she could just as easily viewed them in
the OPPOSITE order.

Jonathan Cooper
Manager of Information / Website
Art Gallery of New South Wales