I was going to write an explanation about trimming posts, but a quick Google
found exactly what I wanted to say - and probably much better than I could
say it:

Trim, trim, trim. When you are replying to a post, please quote only the
relevant parts of the message you are replying to. Be sure to leave in
enough so that someone reading your message understands what you are
responding to, but it is rare to need 30 lines of the previous post to
understand the context of your one line reply. Also please trim any tag
lines and long signature blocks of the previous message. The unsubscribe and
archive link reminders should be removed automatically by your email
program. If they are not please delete them as they will automatically be
added to your email when it's sent to the other members.

http://www.acfichapter.com/subscribe.htm

Thanks
Russ