How SOON they forget!   I was very disappointed at how many colour tools
went some of the way and didn't go all the way to doing what I want.

For example too many didn't allow you to save the results. And the flash
based ones meant you couldn't even cut and paste the HEX results anywhere -
when you got a good colour selection it was paper and pencil time.

And all these sites with colours against black backgrounds.  Very dramatic,
but that's not how a large number ( maybe most? )  business sites are built.
They're built on white or light backgrounds.   Changes all the colour
dynamics.

And I wanted to be able to see graduations of colours and how they related
to each other.    And the blocks of colour were too small in most of the
tools for me to get a good idea of the real effect of the colours.

So I built my own.  How soon they have forgotten!!

Have a look at http://afpwebworks.com/ColourSchemer/.   You enter two
colours either as #RRGGBB or as #RGB and the number of steps you want, and
it will give you a blend from one to the other, with large blocks of colour,
with white text and black text and text in each of the colours, showing how
they interact with each other.   Also the URL of the result can be saved or
emailed to people, and will reproduce the colour effect.   For example
here's a nice Christmassy one:

http://afpwebworks.com/ColourSchemer/index.cfm?colour1=CC3300&colour2=00CC77
&numberofsteps=5&submit=Submit

Cheers