Hi Tatham (and all)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tatham Oddie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <wsg@webstandardsgroup.org>; "'designer'"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, December 26, 2004 2:19 PM
Subject: RE: [WSG] CSS alignment issues

> Bob,
> Thanks for your help here... I now finally have the page working how I
want.
> As for making the whole world FF-users, if you visit my site from any
other
> browser soon you will be redireted via this page:
> http://www.e-oddie.com/sydneylife/GetFirefox.aspx
> Hopefully that should get some more users switching.
>
> Thanks again,
> Tatham

I'm not trying to be 'clever' here, just helpful - but you don't need a
nested table at all. See my revised version of your page at:

http://www.marscovista.fsnet.co.uk/gwelanmor/middle/centering.html

this is xhtml 1 trans (I haven't tried strict)  and it validates. BTW, your
background really is huge - I compressed it in photoshop and it's now 39k.

This is becoming the Christmas teaser, eh? :-)

Bob McClelland,
Cornwall (U.K.)
www.gwelanmor-internet.co.uk