And all that Malarkey http://www.stuffandnonsense.co.uk/archives/css_markup_guides.html
has a recent post about how he creates sites with black and white drawings and adds the div id's etc after the client has approved...
This made me think that I should go back to our re-designed web site and create a similar sketch.
My first thought was add:

div {border:1px solid #000 !important; margin: 2px !important;}

to the style sheet to show the divs. Then I was wondering if there is a css2 method to show the id or class within the div?

div {
        border:1px solid #000 !important;
        margin:1.25em !important;
        padding:0.25em !important;