On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 11:02:53 +1100, Andreas Boehmer [Addictive Media]
<...>
> Not all users with visual disabilities use a screen reader. Some may only
> require a larger font size or a different font colour. Others use screen
> readers in combination with enlarged fonts. A user I tested once insisted on
> having 14 pt font-size in blue colour on white background. The problem was
> that his visual disability made it very hard for him to read font that was
> black or smaller than 14 pt. Here's another group: older people with reduced
> eyesight.

These users would benefit most from the 'Accessibility' options under
Options menu.That allows them:
Ignore colors specified on Web pages
Ignore font-styles specified on Web pages
Ignore font-sizes specified on Web pages
Use own stylesheet

Having in mind how many sites with 14pt blue text I've came across
this is the only
viable option: set own stylesheet with aforementioned rules.
Fiddling with fonts on every single page is a nightmare, not an accessibility.

But this by any means does not make your statement below invalid:
<...>
> That's why we should give them the option to create their own little world.

Regards,
Rimantas
--
http://rimantas.com/