Even Dreamweaver's code editing mode does this (context-sensitive syntax
highlighting). There's been a good deal of derogatory commentary about
Dreamweaver recently, but as a web IDE I think it's fantastic. Where people
get into trouble is by relying solely on WYSIWYG mode. I rarely use WYSIWYG
mode, but if you know what you're doing and stick to code editing mode it's
relatively easy to churn out standards-compliant code in DW.

--
Kevin Futter
Webmaster, St. Bernard's College