From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of David R
Sent: 23 January 2005 20:28
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: [WSG] CSS Footers

Hey guys

I'm in a muddle here...

I'm using CSS to absolutely position my columns, because if I floated
them I'd have to re-order my XHTML structure:

Presently its like this: (uber-simplification)

<!-- Wrappers used for column backgrounds-->

    <ul>
       <li>Loads of these</li>
    </ul>

    <dl>
       <dt>Loads of these too</dt>
       <dd>Etc...</dd>
    </dl>

With CSS specifying that #nav and #sidebar have definite width and
positioned absolutely to left: 0; and right: 0; respectivly.

Thing is, when the content of div#content is shorter than the height of
either div#navbar or div#sidebar then the footer overlaps either sidebar.

I've tried setting both div#wrapper to "min-height: 100%" but no change
is observed.

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting elements to "clear"
floating boxes?

Regards

--
-David R