BUT - for development purposes wrapping is far more readable.  Same
way that code indenting is a nice thing to do but serves no practical
purpose.

Of course, if you're very concerned about page size (kb wise) the
wrapping, indenting etc are just pointless wastes of space.

Most of my pages are generated from PHP, so they are partially wrapped (HTML sections) and partially one-long-line (PHP echo-ed code), so instead of trying to output nicely wrapped code I've just integrated HTML tidy with my text editor. I get nice wrapping/indentation and HTML validation.

-- regards, Kornel Lesiński