From: Chris Kennon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2005 12:26 PM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] Question about use of flash in a pure css page

Hi,

I'm exciting a "burning time", but I adore FLASH, when used correctly.
In this instance spare yourself the headache and use an animated GIF
solution. This will increase accessibility options and spare you time
and energy.

On Monday, January 24, 2005, at 07:03 AM, Sven-Eric Buschgens wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am currently busy/trying to make a pure css website.. Not using
> tables or frames.
> The problem that has occured for the menu we are using a flashbased
> menu. But because the index.php file is only one file which
> reloads when clicking on something the flash menu also reloads all the
> time.
> To see what I am talking about - have a look here :
> http://www.tripany.com/vdbII/
>
> The thing that I want is that either flash isn't reload on a refresh
> or loading a new content.. of a way to use flash in this
> situation where it wont be reloaded all the time. Hope that anyone can
> help me with this.. else I will have to make the page using
> frames - which is something I dont want to do [a bit stubborn].
>
> Thnx in advance for the help !
>
> With regards !
> Sven

> The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/
>
> See http://webstandardsgroup.org/mail/guidelines.cfm
> for some hints on posting to the list & getting help

CK
"Knowing is not enough, you must apply;
willing is not enough, you must do."
---Bruce Lee