Rimantas is only giving half the answer.
I came across this problem as well, and although my solution isn't the
most elegant, it works.
We placed a div in the header with a class="print". The div contains a
header image that looks good on the printed page. The style sheet has
.print {display:none;}
In the print style sheet, I don't tell it to display none. This makes
the image invisible on the screen and shows it for printed pages and for
those with styles disabled.
The disadvantage is having people download an image that they are not
even looking at.
Ted
www.csatravelprotection.com

> Has anyone found a solution to this? I really like the idea of
> specifying heading text in a Hx tag and replacing it for the user, but
> most clients aren't going to go for it if the user has to fiddle with
> their settings to get it to print.

Just don't use image replacement in print stylesheet.
You do have print stylesheet, don't you?

Regards,
Rimantas