Hello all,

We have been operating a drop down menu system on http://www.salford.gov.uk for
around a year now and in that time, the menu has changed from a pure JavaScript
version to the more accessible and semantic UDM4 (http://www.udm4.com).

As a local government site, we get tested for accessibility regularly, both
internally and by external parties, together with our own tests. Our CMS is
still in the dark ages as regards web standards and producing accessible code,
but I've managed to get much of the site valid as possible (Google currently
indexes 33,700 pages, minus .pdf and .doc files). However one of the more
recent external tests indicated that the drop down menu was failing the site
due to the way the menu appears if JavaScript is disabled.

I'd be interested in any opinions on the menu, with JavaScript enabled and
disabled. Also, any alternative script or  recommendations would be very useful.

Antony
(attending @media 2005)

Antony Golding
Principal e-Government Services Officer

Salford City Council
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Telephone: 0161 793 2232

DISCLAIMER: The information in this message is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message
by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient,any
disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission
taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in
error.
For the full disclaimer please access http://www.salford.gov.uk/e-mail Thank
you.