Felix
I know about the juicy studio tool  i use it on a daily basis,
there is also one from HP at
http://h10014.www1.hp.com/accessibility/color_tool.html
the  reason why the exe was developed was to allow "colour sampling" which
cannot be done using an online application.
which saves me time trying to find the values of colours used on a page.
It also gives results for various types of colour blindness which currently
no online tool does.

with regards

Steven Faulkner
Web Accessibility Consultant
National Information & Library Service (NILS)
454 Glenferrie Road
Kooyong Victoria 3144
Phone: (613) 9864 9281
Fax: (613) 9864 9210
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

National Information Library Service
A subsidiary of RBS.RVIB.VAF Ltd.

|         |           Felix Miata      |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> |
|         |           [EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           group.org        |
|         |           04/02/2005 11:01 |
|         |           wsg              |

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> a colour contrast analyser,
> useful for checking  foreground & background colour combinations
> is now available.
> (http://www.nils.org.au/ais/web/resources/contrast_analyser/index.html)

This one doesn't need to be downloaded:
http://www.juicystudio.com/services/colourcontrast.asp
--
"He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and
whoever lives and believes in me will never die." John 11:25 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/auth/