Hi,

I am currently using Sebastian Bergmann's phpOpenTracker:

>> http://www.phpopentracker.de/en/index.php

It's a complete framework for website analysis with a powerful (free to
configure) interface, using mySQL and PHP.
Unfortunately, this tracker also can mess up your html by using session-IDs.

I once had to face a validation problem with a tracker and finally could manage
to present a standards compliant site using this method:

Edit the webserver's php.ini-file and add the following lines:
   ini_set(âsession.use_trans_sidâ, false);
   ini_set("url_rewriter.tags","");

The first statement prevents the use of a transparent session ID, the second
one prevents the url of being rewritten with the tracker's session ID.

In a nutshell: You only have some PHP-code in the head-tag of your website
which is then generated into an 'invisible' call to the tracker.

As long as you are a bit common to PHP and do not interfere with any
security-conditions concerning the webserver you may also find that
interesting. (Also a suitable solution for any other tracker using php.)

Regards,
Tim