Chris W. Parker wrote:
Hello,

Is there a reason I should be using " (or any other HTML entity)

I know I have to use them when they are to be displayed within a form
field but within regular copy I'm not seeing it as necessary.

What is the consesus on this?

I'm guessing you mean like this:

<element attribute="this contains a "quote" woo!" />

Well, no... " is only meant to be used to delimit attribute values, you /might/ get away with using it insice body text:

But officially when " isn't being used to delimit attribute values it must be written in entity form: &quot;

HTH
-David R