At 03:40 PM 2/17/2005, Tatham Oddie wrote:
It’d be greatly appreciated if you could do a site review of <http://www.whatcanido.com.au/>www.whatcanido.com.au. Currently there is only a holding page – but I’m interested in what people would have to say about the way I’ve achieved the text wrapping.

The screen reader output in Fangs seems perfect so I’m happy from the accessibility angle.

I’ve tested in IE6.0PC and FF1.0PC. Any other browser tests would be appreciated as well.

Tatham,

I think that's a clever way to wrap text around a graphic. It seems to work fine (with text-resizing) in WinXP in Mozilla 1.7.2, Netscape 7.1, and Opera 7.23.

I know some folks (including perhaps myself) will object to your use of the CSS equivalent of spacer gifs, since they have no semantic content at all, but it does work. I wonder if such objections would fall silent if you'd used a column of foreground image slices in staggered widths instead of <p> tags?

Paul

****************************************************** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/