Hi all,

I think that basically we all agree in principle. However, to take a couple
of points:

[1] Patrick's :

>It's a bit like plastering a nice
> big sticker on a new building saying "built with bob's special concrete
> mix". As long as the site (or building) performs as it should, customers
> do not need to know this sort of stuff...they couldn't care less.

Is that true? I would have thought that any responsible client of the
builder would like to know that building regs were adhered to.  (i.e.,
'standards' are our 'building regulations' :-)   Surely?

>  Compliance does not necessarily equate high standard.

Absolutely!

> Who would be the awarding body? Who would monitor continuous compliance?

Yep! There's the rub!

[2] Kim:

> Maybe the "stickers" wont
> mean anything to all people but lets hope they'll ask what it is. That
> way the "stickers" could turn into a kind off "quality stamp" in the
> long run.

My (new) feelings exactly.

[3] Kornel:

> I like that idea...

So who (which one of us) is going to do it then? :-)

[4] Mike:

A nice summary, thank you.

Bob McClelland,
Cornwall (U.K.)