Try this:

window.onload=show;

function show(id) {
var d = document.getElementById(id);
        for (var i = 1; i<=10; i++) {
                if (document.getElementById('submenu'+i))
{document.getElementById('submenu'+i).style.display='none';}
        }
if (d) {d.style.display='block';}
}

function showhide(id) {
        if (document.getElementById(id).style.display=="none"){
                document.getElementById(id).style.display="block"
        }
        else{
                document.getElementById(id).style.display="none"
        }
}

in HTML:

  <dt onclick="javascript:showhide('submenu1');">Technology</dt>

Though I'm sure the JavaScript could be cut further.

Regards

Mike 2k:)2

 Mike Foskett
 Web Standards, Accessibility & Testing Consultant
 Multimedia Publishing and Production
 British Educational Communications and Technology Agency (Becta)
 Milburn Hill Road, Science Park, Coventry CV4 7JJ
 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Tel:  02476 416994  Ext 3342 [Tuesday - Thursday]
 Fax: 02476 411410
 www.becta.org.uk