Ok, so this is driving me crazy!

http://cpanz.signify.co.nz/test/national-pod-template.html

I have an unordered list being used for navigation. The bottom item on the list needs to have a rounded corner. I figure:

- make the last <li> "position: relative"
- add a <span> inside the last <li> the exact size of the corner image
- position it absolute to bottom and right of the last <li>
- have the corner image set as a background for the <span>
- give the last <li> "height: 1%;" as if I don't IE Win positions the <span> further down the page cf: http://www.positioniseverything.net/abs_relbugs.html

It all looks fine in Mozilla, Safari and Opera, but the <span> is being positioned wrongly in IE Win - ie, not at right and bottom of the last <li>.

Any ideas? I've spent way too long trying to figure this out, so no doubt have missed something basic!

Thanks.

Mike

****************************************************** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/