At 09:00 AM 4/3/2005, David wrote:
Somewhat off topic but wonder if any javascript could get a window to open up in a new tab? I know only maybe 30% of people have a tabbed browsing capable browser but I just think it would be cool. lol.

David,

I use Firefox, set to open new pages in new tabs rather than new windows. I've had the disconcerting experience of going to a site that opens a child window with specific dimensions using javascript. It works (the child window is opened to specified dimenstions), but if you try to close the child window Firefox thinks you're trying to close the entire application. A child window without toolbars etc. lacks the Firefox window tab structure. I'm not sure if this represents a rough step in the path of Firefox development, but it's mildly irritating and shifts my prejudice just a bit farther away from pop-up windows.

Paul

****************************************************** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/