scott parsons wrote:

The easy answer is that your server is configured incorrectly.
Your stylesheet is being served as text/plain, and not text/css
thus some browsers are not treating it as a style sheet..

i just did a quick test, copying leslie's code and css and loaded it on my server - and it was "read" by mozilla and firefox. I wasn't even going to say anything because I was so mystified by it - but your answer explains it, Scott. Some days I find these "mysteries" rather "fun"; other days .... I dunno.

best
Donna

Leslie Riggs wrote:

In some browsers, the test page I have put up renders fine: namely, IE Mac, Safari on Mac, IE6 on PC. However, Firefox, Opera, Mozilla and Netscape don't seem to see the stylesheet.

Both HTML and CSS validated fine through the W3C site.

I am really having a difficult time understanding why some browsers see the stylesheet, while others don't?

The link to the page: http://www.deafvision.net/projects/btw/revised/indexx.html.

CSS is at http://www.deafvision.net/projects/btw/revised/css/btwnewx.css.

This is the first time I've encountered this situation, so anyone who can point me in the right direction, I would be very much obliged.

Thanks.

Leslie Riggs

-- Donna Jones West End Webs <http://www.westendwebs.com/> 772-0266