A colleague is developing a table-free design, and has run up against the "peekaboo" bug in IE6. (If you don't know it, it's basically that text disappears in certain circumstances, see http://positioniseverything.net/explorer/peekaboo.html).

His problem is not diagnosing the bug or even fixing it, it's that it's not happening on *his* computer, so he has to keep asking for help from someone whose setup does have the bug.

I can verify that two Windows 2000 computers are involved, with exactly the same version of IE6, down to the tenth decimal place, and one always displays this bug and one never displays this bug.

Any ideas? Could it be CRT versus LCD monitors? The fact that one person is logged in as administrator and the other as a lowly user? Melbourne vs Sydney? Zodiac signs? We're scratching our heads...

               "Have You Validated Your Code?"
John Horner                            (+612 / 02) 9333 3488
Senior Developer, ABC Online          http://www.abc.net.au/