From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Alessandro Calleri
Sent: Tuesday, 19 April 2005 1:31 a.m.
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] device independence

Actually i don't know any specific pitfalls to build web site for cell
phone, in this case i build a specific CSS that disable image and
positioning attribute. I also specify the text size in Em (that wold
be a reasonable mannet to adapt text to screen size). Surely, now
cell-phone are interesting device to use for view web pages, but i
think that we have to wait a pair of year until this medium will
explode in this sense. In order to develop a web site for cell phone i
think that the best solution is write a standard compliant Css/XHTML
code and try&test it extensively

the device indipendence is actually possible, even if you consider
flash. last Saturday i went to a press conference were has been
presentef the last version of www.fotografiafestival.it, the official
site of the international photo festiva in Rome(Italy). I know
personally the developer  and i can assure that they have made a great
work to bouid a flash site that display accessible (triple A
conformance), cross-browser and device indipendent. If you want you
can surf into fotografiafestival also with your cell phone.

i don't know exactily the hacks that they have used to do so, but as i
can understand, the real problem to solve regard the plugin detection.
thanks to a well formed javascript they are able to build a site
compeletely accessible and browser indipendent. (and we speak about a
site on photo and image builded in flash).

Take a look and try it with different browser (also a screen reader).
www.fotografiafestival.it