White Ash wrote:

is there a way to have the items in my navbar automatically

stretch from the left margin to the right margin? I currently have a 10px
right margin setting for each item in the css, but that doesn't seem very
scientific to me and leaves a ragged right margin.

relevant css file:

http://wickedsisterdance.org/who_trial.shtml

http://wickedsisterdance.org/css/styles.css

If the space from left to right margin is 100%, you can put a percentage of padding on the first four nav links equal to 1/5 of the space that isn't taken up by the links' text.

Try changing your #nav a margin-right from 10px to 2.76% and you get pretty close. Assigning an id to the last link, making its right margin 0 and increasing the others a little should get it even closer.

hth,
Carol