Hi Kvnmcwebn,

I beleive your problem is that your containing block (WrapperBody) does not
have an explicit height set.  If your element's containing block does not have
an explicit height set, and you set your element's height to a percentage, then
it is treated as 'auto'.  You can see this by applying a temporary height to
div.WrapperBody.

I only looked at your page in Firefox, but I beleive that is how it works.

As for a solution to you problem, I'm not exactly sure, unless you can set the
height of WrapperBody.  Maybe you can set it using em's.

Hope this helps,
Mike

Kvnmcwebn wrote:

hello,

http://mcmonagle.biz/OTI/BOXTEST.HTM

the above link shows an example of a css layout in progress with colored
borders to show the boxes.

Notice the pink box in the left column.
I would like it to scale to 100% of so that it reaches the bottom(stopping
at the blue spacer div.)

Here is the css for the box in question.

#linkList { border: 1px solid #999999;
float: left; width: 149px;
border-right-color: #FF9999;
height:100%;
background-color: pink;
}

and here is a link to the rest of the css if needed

http://mcmonagle.biz/OTI/THEMES/BORDERS.CSS

any help greatly appreciated
thanks -kvnmcwebn

****************************************************** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/