White Ash schrieb:
Hello!

I don't know why, but I'm having a time with my design in IE. Firefox and
Netscape have no problem. The idea is that the content area would be flush
top with the bottom of the background. There is a big space in IE.

td {padding-top:0; padding-bottom:0;}

Also, in IE, I can't get the background to show on the "aboutamy" page.

that's a IE6 bug.

http://www.amyarver.com/home.shtml

http://www.amyarver.com/aboutamy.shtml

with
#header.homepage { background-image: url('por_home.jpg'); }
#header.aboutamy { background-image: url('por_aboutamy.jpg'); }

In the home.shtml, IE6 parser matches #header and .homepage, ok.
but:
In the aboutamy.shtml, IE6 parser matches #header, but fails on .homepage, and will not look further at #header.aboutamy anymore.

I would suggest you apply the class that refers to the page to body

with
.homepage #header { background-image: url('por_home.jpg'); }
.aboutamy #header { background-image: url('por_aboutamy.jpg'); }

And the navbar is all flukey, with the links pointing to the root.
Sorry, don't know what is flukey: random?

Ingo

p.s.
cited: "We all need to listen to the messages the universe has to send us": This page is not Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional :)