and I found this answer (Fixed or fluid width? Elastic!) here

I was going to say so... Elastic design !
As Ingo noted, there is quite a bit of discussion on the subject. Besides the usual arguments, one aspect I haven't seen mentioned often. Webcontent is seen on a variety of displays : mobile phones, laptop computers, desktop computers,... each with different screen real estate and resolution. Then comes the Mac Mini and other 'digital home centres'. View your site on your television, with yet another resolution, and from yet another viewing distance.
<http://blog.x180.net/2005/01/let_type_scale.html>

(- pixels are so last century.)

Philippe
---/---