Web Essentials 04 was great - but wasn't there feedback last year
regarding a session addressing the commercial benefits of web
standards?

How will the web standards movement grow if people don't know how to
sell the benefits of web standards internally to management and
externally to clients? Will  the conference be niched as the converted
preaching to the congregation?

Maybe a specific topic addressing the commercial benefits of Web
Standards at WE05 could have been included.

Its sort of like - 'great cart - but why do I need a horse'?

:)

I mean this in a most constructive way. I think Peter, John, Russ et
al are doing a great job.

Anyone else see a need for a manager level session to provide a range
of commercial justifications for adopting webstandards?

Chris Dimmock
Cogentis Internet Marketing Strategies
http://www.cogentis.com.au/