Matt Thommes wrote:
Why do you want all those header tags in there- for display purposes?

I don't think it's invalid - I just don't see the purpose yet....

It's probably better to just "class" the <ul> or <li>, such as <ul
class="heading1">, and then style all those headings for the correct
appearance.

Matthom matthom.com/

I would think that h1/h2/h3 are the "wrong" element to be used here. The specs say that they're to be used as "Headings":

A heading element briefly describes the topic of the section it introduces

from http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/struct/global.html#h-7.5.5

The key to me being "the section it introduces". Personally, I don't think that the UL/LI combinations need any more than what they have

As for the CSS, you can use descendent selectors to define the look without adding classes...

ul li {
  font-weight: bold;
  font-size: 10pt;
}