>                <li><h3>Sub Item</h3></li>
>        </ul>
>        </li>
>        <li><h2>Item</h2></li>
></ul>
>
>Is the above right or wrong? I'm doing this at the moment, thinking
it's helping give >semantic meaning to the page, but is it right?

>Jamie Mason

Hi Jamie,

its both incorrect use, and semantically wrong.  Basically you are
using h2 and h3 tags as the equivalent of <b>olding items, or...
shudder... <font>ing items..  Its bloating the markup.

All your headings are items in a heirarchical list.
It is not a list of headings, its a list of items.  The items should
be styled appropriatly.  Also, the items may well link to a heading.
Thats ok :)

Others may have a different point of view, but I would approach things
differently

Rgds

Ned Collyer