I have some content that is hidden and only displayed using JavaScript. However, when JavaScript is disabled, I want to display all of the content to start with.

I can do this by redefining styles within a noscript tag within the head section. Display: none is changed to Display: block for the various elements. However, my page does not then validate as being valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional code when I do this. It doesn't like the style declaration within the noscript tags. In fact, am I right in saying that .

What can I do to display hidden content which will be valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional other than my solution above?

Thanks,
Stephen