Drake, Ted C.  wrote:
> Hi Thierry
>
> This has been bugging me lately and I've been adding margin-top:-1px
> to some of my navigation lists to avoid this random space between
> list items in firefox.  Do you have any recommendations for avoiding

Hi Ted,
It's Bruno Fassino on CSS-D who gave me a heads up about this bug.
This is its original post:

<bruno>
I haven't looked at your code, but the manifestation of the problem and the
fact that it moves changing font-size  makes me think that it is a so-called
rounding error (due to measurements expressed in em.)
Ingo Chao has a very detailed description here [1]; also check [2].
hth,
Bruno
[1] http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/geckogaps.html
[2] http://www.positioniseverything.net/round-error.html