Prabhath Sirisena wrote:

Until Flash becomes an open specification, we'll have the song and
dance. Making it an open spec won't happen because Adobe won't really
benifit from the deal.

Prabhath
http://nidahas.com

I don't think it has to be an open specification at all. It can remain closed and do it's own thing on a proprietary basis, but it needs to comply with UAAG to meet the W3C standards compliance we are trying to work with to make our web sites as standard and accessible as possible.

We don't ask IE or Opera to be an open specification, or JAWS, or anything else, but we do encourage them to meet W3C UAAG, so that we can then use them and incorporate them into our web content with full confidence that they meet web standards and accessibility guidelines.

Regards
Geoff Deering