On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 14:00 +0200, Michael Lykke wrote:
> Im just wondering - Cause sometimes it seems to me that alot of effort
> is put into making something "correct" way beyond just adhering to the
> webstandards. Like asking whether it is ok to use list definitions
> when the list only has a single item etc.
> Maybe i have misundertsood something but does it really matter as long
> as you follow the standards and your page validates?

Not in terms of "web standards" themselves, but certainly in terms of
their purpose.  They exist to ensure accessibility, rather than
guidelines for their own sake.  For example, you can have a perfectly
validating table-based layout that remains inaccessible.  You can have a
website which is purely image-based that is 'valid', although
semantically null.

Best practises and doing things the 'correct' way are beyond the letter
of web standards, but adhere to their spirit - namely, ensuring a more
meaningful and accessible web.

Kind Regards,
Joshua Street

base10solutions
Website:
http://www.base10solutions.com.au/
Phone: (02) 9898-0060  Fax: (02)
8572-6021
Mobile: 0425 808 469

Multimedia  Development  Agency

E-mails and any attachments sent from base10solutions are to be regarded
as confidential. Please do not distribute or publish any of the contents
of this e-mail without the sender’s consent. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to the e-mail, and
then delete the message without making copies or using it in any way.

Although base10solutions takes precautions to ensure that e-mail sent
from our accounts are free of viruses, we encourage recipients to
undertake their own virus scan on each e-mail before opening, as
base10solutions accepts no responsibility for loss or damage caused by
the contents of this e-mail.