De : [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] la
part de Scott Reston
Envoyé : mercredi 25 mai 2005 16:51
À : wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Objet : [WSG] the mysteries of float - i seek enlightenment

I've created a pared down example to illustrate a problem I'm having
with floats. My confusion suggests that I'm missing some basic concept
of how floats behave and I'm finding it frustrating...

http://www.capstrat.com/development/test-float.html

In this example, all code is wrapped with a containing div (yellow
background). The two side-bar divs live (code-wise) just before the
content div (dark grey backround), just inside the container div and are
floated right. The pull-quote (violet background) is the first thing
inside of the content div.

I'm expecting this to look the way that IE renders it: sidebars to the
right, pull-quoute in the upper-left corner of the content div.

In Firefox, the pullquote drops within the content to clear the first
sidebar. Why?

Can someone give me a little guidance on this?

Scott Reston
Raleigh, NC, USA
www.capstrat.com