> Thierry Koblentz

> If I disable images in FF and Safari I do not get anything. Do you?

If you disable images in FF through something like the WebDev extension,
no. However, if you disable them the normal way (the way a user who doesn't
want/need images would) via Tools > Options > Web Features > Load Images,
the ALT is displayed as intended. The same goes for broken images. And yes,
in both cases the ALT is displayed in the correct text size.

Unless I'm mistaken, the WebDev extension does a fairly brutal "remove images
from the DOM". A far more accurate test (if you don't want to change your
global options) is to choose WebDev's Images > "Replace Images with Alt
Attributes"
option.

Can't vouch for Safari, but if it doesn't behave the way FF does, it's going
against the spec and against User Agent Accessibility Guidelines.

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford
http://www.salford.ac.uk