Hi Joshua,

If you are serving your content as Unicode (UTF-16 or UTF-8), then there is no
need to use entities. If you do need to escape characters and you are using
XHTML, then it's best to use their decimal values rather than entities. This
makes your markup more easily parsable by XML technologies in your CMS (on the
back-end). For example, instead of   use

>>It's just always felt dirty seeing certain characters
>>not written in their appropriate entity codes.
Hmmm...that's a very English centric view of the Web ;-)

Regards,
-Vlad
http://xstandard.com
Standards-compliant XHTML WYSIWYG editor