Gene Falck wrote:

Tidy is one of the programs I have been thinking
of getting, so I would like to hear about any
bugs and bug fixes.

Regards,

Gene Falck

Tidy has evolved from it's beginning with Dave Raggett. Like many tools, it's great when you learn how to use it, and to work with it's bugs. I haven't had to use it recently, but will so again soon. It's available in many forms

http://tidy.sourceforge.net/

Here's the reference on Encoding
http://tidy.sourceforge.net/docs/quickref.html#char-encoding

Programs like Homesite and TopStyle use Tidy, but it is your responsibility to make sure you are using the latest version of Tidy.exe (from SF.net), which is located in each programs root directory. In Homesite it is dated 16 June 2001, so it's pretty old and out of date. TopStyle is 8 Aug 2004, where the latest version on the SF.net site is 22 May 2005. Just download it and update it.

I remember there used to be a bug that drove me nuts where it would escape characters it shouldn't, but can't remember what the situation was. Probably been fixed, it was a while back. It has got better and better, with less bugs.

I find it a great tool to have in the kit.

Regards
Geoff