I see that it is possible, but how many folks use it? Like an individual or a small business...is it common enough (yet)?

The below links aren't working in Safari...

I've been researching how alot of open source cms's and blog tools deal with this issue and they don't. Most of them either have some kind of conversion map (that is completely inadequate for the task) or they create urls that have little to do with the page title. For instance...

http://www.site.com/1-eaeraceceac.php // <= the "eaeraceceac" is a botched character conversion from Chinese

or

http://www.site.com/page0001.php // <= no reference to the page title whatsoever...

The Chinese websites I have looked up have latin1 style urls...no sign of Chinese text anywhere in there.

Aside of requiring a Chinese to enter in a latin page name for an article/entry/page I can't see any way possible to create urls (clean urls) using Chinese (non-latin) characters.

Ideas?

thanks...v