Hi Erwin
1. i would ditch the accesskeys:
see these articles for why:
http://wats.ca/articles/accesskeys/19
http://wats.ca/articles/accesskeyconflicts/37

2. use javascript to clear the comments textarea on focus (if it contains
the default text).

3. mark up abbreviations and acronyms <abbr title="number">Nr</abbr>

FYI

here is an example  read out of the form using IBM homepage reader
note: using spans to style characters within words causes the word to be
read out incorrectly  example "departure" becomes "de- e -parture"  or the
read out for 'nr. persons' is (note repetition  of s )
'Nr. of person Press Alt + Shift + ss'    (i think this is a bug in
homepage reader)

Name Press Alt + Shift + m
 [Text.]
Surname Press Alt + Shift + s
 [Text.]
E-mai Press Alt + Shift + ll
 [Text.]
Comments Press Alt + Shift + o
 [TextArea.]
Enquiry Details
Arrival Date Press Alt + Shift + d
 (Start of select menu with 32 items.) [Collapsed.] Choose day [Selected.]
(End of select menu.)
 (Start of select menu with 13 items.) [Collapsed.] Choose month
[Selected.]
(End of select menu.)
 (Start of select menu with 4 items.) [Collapsed.] choose year [Selected.]
(End of select menu.)
Departure Date Press Alt + Shift + p
 (Start of select menu with 32 items.) [Collapsed.] Choose day [Selected.]
(End of select menu.)
 (Start of select menu with 13 items.) [Collapsed.] Choose month
[Selected.]
(End of select menu.)
 (Start of select menu with 4 items.) [Collapsed.] choose year [Selected.]
(End of select menu.)
Nights Press Alt + Shift + i
 [Text.]
Room Press Alt + Shift + r
 (Start of select menu with 8 items.) [Collapsed.] Choose one [Selected.]
(End of select menu.)
Nr. of person Press Alt + Shift + ss
 [Text.]
How did you
hear about
Read's? Press Alt + Shift + y
 [Text.]
Additional
enquiries or
comments Press Alt + Shift + q
 [TextArea: If interested in any particular package...]
 [Send: Submit button.]
 [Clear: Reset button.]
 (End of form 2.)

with regards

Steven Faulkner
Web Accessibility Consultant
National Information & Library Service (NILS)
454 Glenferrie Road
Kooyong Victoria 3144
Phone: (613) 9864 9281
Fax: (613) 9864 9210
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

National Information Library Service
A subsidiary of RBS.RVIB.VAF Ltd.

|         |           Erwin Heiser      |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>|
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           [EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           dsgroup.org       |
|         |           10/06/2005 03:27  |
|         |           AM                |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           wsg               |

  |       To:       <wsg@webstandardsgroup.org>
                                                  |
  |       cc:
                                                  |
  |       Subject:  [WSG] Accessible form test

Hi all,

I'm sorry for sending this againg but the link for the new form was wrong,
that's what happens when you've been staring at a screen for too long...

Iım pretty new to marking up forms so I decided to ³get it right² right
from
the start.
Iıve recoded a contact form they are using on a website Iım working on.

The old form (the one currently in use) is here:

http://www.pixelsandtext.be/tests/oldform.html

The new form is here:

http://www.pixelsandtext.be/tests/newform.html

Both forms validate to their respective DTD.

The old one is marked-up using tables, the new one uses a definition list
and a few CSS-rules for the layout. I've read Joe Clarks book "building
accessible websites" and applied most of the stuff in the "Forms" chapter.

(Funny thing, even when adding all the CSS rules and the accessiblity
extra's to the HTML the file size is roughly the same as the old form)

Would some of the WSG accessibility gurus please have a look at this form?
I'd welcome any comment and/or suggestions...
Thanks in advance,

Erwin Heiser