Hi,

> Hi Heretic, please explain this. How does setting a % for text-size in body
> prevent the appearance of smaller than 1em font sizes? Is 100% a good
> starting point for body? Enquiring minds want to know.

Basically the idea is this: don't use settings smaller than 1em, for
example don't set text to 0.7em... there's a bug in IE which causes
miniscule text in certain circumstances (nested elements multiply the
fraction, or something like that). So, the smallest text size is 1em
and you go up from there.

The problem with that method is that the text can get very big,
particularly for H1 headings. If you set a % size for body{} then you
reduce the size of all text without losing the advantage of relative
unit settings.

As for the exact % to set on the body, there are many theories;
however I usually settle somewhere between 85-95% since I am partial
to fairly large text anyway.

I'm a little overbuzzed on caffeine so I hope that makes some kind of
sense... my apologies if it did not :)

cheers,

--- <http://www.200ok.com.au/>
--- The future has arrived; it's just not
--- evenly distributed. - William Gibson