thanks :)

those are good but I guess what i meant was more in terms of hacks that are generally used in most css files, I guess meaning are you guys starting off with a chunck of hacks or adding them as needed?

:)

From: "Mike Foskett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 10:16 AM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: SPAM-LOW: RE: [WSG] base css

Snippet taken from:
http://www.websemantics.co.uk/tutorials/useful_css_snippets/#leveller
Where there's a fuller description and a few other snippets.

On full width pages:

* {margin:0; padding:0}
html {height:100%; font-size:100.01%}
body {
min-height:101%;
font:100.01%/130% Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif;
color:#000;
background:#fff
}

On fixed width pages:

* {margin:0; padding:0}
html {height:100%; font-size:100.01%}
body {
text-align:center;
min-height:101%;
font:100.01%/130% Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif;
color:#000;
background:#fff;
width:760px;
margin:0 auto
}

body * {text-align:left}
#wrapper {width:760px}

Both seem to work well cross browser / cross platform, but testing and change is a continual process.

Regards

mike 2k:)2

e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
site: http://www.webSemantics.co.uk