I totally concur with Lea (which happens with amazing regularity).

We have discussed this matter in the past (along with creating online fora
to move some of the newbie stuff off the list) but the general consensus was
that this was and still is the best way to do it to cover all levels.

If you'd like to use a forum environment, take a look at the stuff over at
Port80 in Perth. http://www.port80.asn.au/forums/

Let's not complain about the lower-end traffic if we're not injecting the
higher-end topics ourselves.

So, let's talk about XML/XSLT, SVG, what's happening with AJAX etc.
(see http://www.w3.org/2005/07/05-tagmem-minutes.html#item03 for a thought
starter, at least to see some of the W3 process on emergence).