Forgive me Russ, while I was writing this email, your THREAD CLOSED came in
but I have an urge to finish my message.

Thank you Lea, Peter and others for not supporting the idea of turning this
wonderful group to a elitism group.

Here is my tiny timid newbie voice:
2 years ago I didn't know what web design was about and didn't dream on one
day I can make some money from web design; some 18 months ago I started to
learn css, 7 months ago I didn't know what is web standards and
accessibility before I started reading Zeldman' designing with web standards
and Cederholm'  Web Standards Solutions, but now I am offering web design
service and confident to tell my potential clients that I built web sites
according to web standard and take accessibility as my top priority. I have
many to thanks, first a member from a list who told me I should validate my
html. I think I joined WSG group some 4 or 5 months ago when googling to try
to learn more about web standards. When thing isn't get too crazy, I allow
myself to brows through WSG' archives and  in 4 months I have learned so
much, simply by reading the archives. My newbie questions not always get
response here but it doesn't stop me from coming back or ask another
question, for I know that many people here are really HERE to help others
and do not think I am too newbie or sound too stupid to them.

In Malay language, a 'guru' is a teacher, this was how I learned from the
first day I attended to elementary school. A guru is someone who teaches the
ignorance to become a knowledgeable person; a guru is someone who shares the
knowledge, know-how and help students to overcome the ignorance. I sense the
danger when someone thinks he/she is a 'guru' and starting to crown
himself/herself and try to make something to his/her own guruism club - this
is especially dangerous when web standards itself still net yet a
'standards', and extremely dangerous when not half the population who create
websites know what web standards is about and won't give a damn.

tee