tee

Thankyou for your information .

I rebuilt the VR mov and inserted your extra line. Still have same problem
with E on Mac.

 No problems with fire or safari on Mac or E on PC,

 Probably need another patch in the CSS

Now need to convert  all my mac.mov and MP4 files to windows streaming for
Windows Media Player

Do you know of any conversion software.

 Is there a good script  for embedding avi files and xhtml validates

or  what ever plays on PC that comes off a windows streaming server ( We
just got this one )

Ian

                      tee

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         To:
<wsg@webstandardsgroup.org>
                      t>                         cc:

                      Sent by:                   Subject: Re: [WSG] Embedding
quicktime movie and xhtml validation
                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      dsgroup.org

                      07/13/2005 10:20

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      wsg

> Have you found any information on embedding quicktime movies, I have just
> embeded VR mov when testing have no control bar in Explorer on Mac.
>
> http://acuonline.acu.edu.au/chapel_stpatrick.html
>
> Ian

Hi Ian, I didn't use the js script that was mention in my message, reason
was because I didn't get response (it turned out to be a good thing :) )
from anybody and I usually tend to stay away from something that I don't
understand well. Anyhow, I spent more time on google and found  a css hack
for different ie browsers. Had a quick look on your source and I think we
both are using the same css hack.

Comparing your object tags and mine, I don't see anything wrong except in
the second object tag, yours doesn't have the <a
href="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download";>Download QuickTime
Player</a>

Don't know if it makes any different but maybe you want to add this because
I can see the controller in IE Mac.

Yours:
 <object classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B"
codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab"; width="424"
height="230">
            <param name="src" value="video/chapeldv.mov" />
            <param name="controller" value="true" />
            <param name="autoplay" value="true" />
            <object type="video/quicktime" data="video/chapeldv.mov"
width="424" height="230" class="mov">
              <param name="controller" value="true" />
              <param name="autoplay" value="true"  />
        Error text.
            </object>
          </object>

Mine:
<object classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B"
codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab"; width="240"
height="200">
<param name="src" value="pgodan.mov" />
<param name="autoplay" value="false" />

<object type="video/quicktime" data="pgodan.mov" width="240" height="200"
class="mov">
<param name="controller" value="true" /><a