On Sun, 2005-07-17 at 22:34 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> i am beginning to experiment with svgs and find them fascinating.  the
> problem i have found with using them is they will not validate because
> of the <embed> tag.  i'm not sure at this point what to ask or how to
> ask it, except how to use them so they will validate.

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"; version="1.0">
  <rect stroke="black" fill="none" rx="5px" y="16px" x="72px"
width="202px" height="61px"/>
</svg

Is how the W3C's Amaya creates a rectangle object with curved corners...
I'm not sure how that works in other browsers, but I'd _assume_ it's
valid code.  No <embed> or <object> tags in sight...

Kind Regards,
Joshua Street

base10solutions
Website:
http://www.base10solutions.com.au/
Phone: (02) 9898-0060  Fax: (02)
8572-6021
Mobile: 0425 808 469

Multimedia  Development  Agency

E-mails and any attachments sent from base10solutions are to be regarded
as confidential. Please do not distribute or publish any of the contents
of this e-mail without the sender’s consent. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to the e-mail, and
then delete the message without making copies or using it in any way.

Although base10solutions takes precautions to ensure that e-mail sent
from our accounts are free of viruses, we encourage recipients to
undertake their own virus scan on each e-mail before opening, as
base10solutions accepts no responsibility for loss or damage caused by
the contents of this e-mail.