On 26/7/05 4:18 PM, "Mugur Padurean" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> And accessibility means access for everyone regardless of technology
> availability or other kinds of disabilities.
> I think web standards were meant to raise awareness first and give an impulse
> to all of us to build a better web. A web for everyone, everywhere !

I agree that those are the ideals we should try to achieve.

And "Mugur Padurean" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> also wrote:

> Hello, reality check here.

But part of the reality is that many websites have a specific target market.
One site I work on has a very narrow, highly specialized market. My client
knows his customers and potential customers. They are all on broadband. They
have to be for their industry.

As such, I was instructed to design the site for broadband access. The
client is the one calling the shots and paying the bill. We, as designers,
give advise regarding the pros & cons of various requests by the client and
may recommend other alternatives. But in the end, the client has the final
say. That is the reality. --  But we can still try to make the site as
accessible as possible within the client-defined framework.

Hope Stewart